Now that the dust has settled on 2016, we took some time to reflect on the bathroom design trends we have spotted over the past few months, and what this means for design in 2017 (yes, fun exercise!).
Below are the Top 3 key trends we have noticed and how this translates to our product selection:
- Natural finishes across product categories, from tapware to vanities and everything in between.
Dark tones for furniture and tubs:
- This has been apparent to us with increasing interest in INOX stainless steel tapware and shower series exclusively available in a matte satin finish (versus other lines in a high-shine polished chrome finish).
- 45º furniture collection has also been popular, in part due to the Natural Oak and Vintage Oak finishes, which are minimalist and timeless, beautifully showcasing the natural, knotty characteristics of oak.
Desire to coordinate materials across bathroom design: this has been at the forefront of product selection, from sinks to bathtubs to shower bases, which we are proud to provide through our highly versatile blu•stone™ collection.
- As an extension of the natural finishes trend, we've seen continued demand for our eco-friendly blu•stone™ line, which is crafted primarily from quartzite and provides the look and feel of natural stone. Its highly tactile matte finish is increasingly in demand for fixtures including bathtubs, sinks and shower bases. In particular, we've seen growing interest in the minimalist concrete (grey) matte finish for bathtubs.
- Dark wood furniture finishes have also been in demand, particularly with 51 collection vanities in Fumo and Tabacco Hard Surface Technology (HST) finishes.
To complete our reflection of the past year, here's a roundup of our best-sellers in 2016:
- metrix wall-mount toilet: this compact toilet has long been a favourite due to its sleek, skirted design, and given it's recent upgrade to a rimless design, it is now even easier to clean and leaves nowhere for germs to hide!
- coco acrylic freestanding tub: the thin rim feature of this pill-shaped bathtub, in addition to its seamless, one-piece design, resonates with both modern and transitional design enthusiasts
- pure•2 wall-mount basin mixer: the clean lines of the rectangular trim plate and straight round spout with laminar flow aerator have made this bathroom sink faucet a popular choice
With its visionary designer, Michael Gottschalk, at the helm, Blu Bathworks' product offering reflects our continued vision and pursuit of design and product innovation - with an eye on evolving design trends in the industry while staying true to our modern, minimalist aesthetic and commitment to developing sustainable products for an ecological future.
We hope you have enjoyed our reflections and that it helps your decision-making for any upcoming bathroom upgrades. Always happy to hear your feedback so join us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and let us know what other trends you have noticed and your top picks!